Design of the index
All ASX-listed companies that meet the eligibility criteria are included in the index at rebalance which is quarterly. At launch on 24 February 2020 this comprised 46 companies, and has now grown to 69 companies at the last rebalance in December 2020.
The index is designed to capture companies that are yet to qualify for the S&P/ASX 300 and from industry segments outside the existing information technology sector as defined by GICS (Global Industry Classification Standard). The GICS categories eligible for inclusion are:
- Information Technology Sector
- Consumer Electronics Subindustry
- Internet & Direct Marketing Retail Subindustry
- Interactive Media & Services Subindustry, and
- Health Care Technology Subindustry
The criteria below are also designed to ensure the investability of the index by setting capitalisation and liquidity standards and capping participation by any one company at 25%.